Organizing Your Digital Portfolio
One of the contexts to think about when designing your digital portfolio is the difference in expectations for reading in print and reading in digital environments. It's different.
In your Digication portfolio, readers don't turn a page — they click. As you know from visiting web sites yourself, how many times you have to click and how many pages and destinations you encounter often dictates your impressions and evaluation of those web sites. You'll have this same rhetorical challenge with your digital portfolio:
- What do you want readers to see first?
- What do you want them to see next?
- Where do you want them to spend the most time?
- What effect do you want your portfolio to have?
- What do you want readers to remember?