The theme song to Friends is one of the most recognizable themes in television. The song "I'll Be There For You" made the Rembrandts a huge success and kicked off the greatest half hour known to television for 10 years (1994-2004). Friends has helped define pop culture, has made almost everyone in America want to move to New York at one point or another, and has served as a source of debate for years as to which character you are (I'm a Monica, no shame). 

But more than that, Friends taught us lessons on friendship, love, loyalty,and- like the Rembrandts remind us- how important it is to be there for someone. 

This serves as the backbone of my tutoring philosophy- being there for writers and giving them what they need. It's also something I've taken to heart in my leadership position as a former Head Writing Fellow and current Head Writing Center Tutor- how to be there for my team and help them just like they help me. I feel like the themes of Friends echo the themes presented in my tutoring experience. 

As a Head Writing Center Tutor at the UCWbL and future English teacher, I've loved getting to experience different writers struggle and ultimate success in the writing process. The ability to understand fully why we provide our service to other writers at DePaul has completely changed the way I look at our work, and in turn how I look at my future work. I know now that rather than simply giving my students knowledge, I need to give them the tools to arrive at that knowledge on their own. I've learned so much over my 3 years at the UCWbL, about how to help writers, how to lead, and even how to grow and make myself a better person. As you look through my eportfolio, I hope those different areas of learning and growth stand out, because they are the most important things I will take with me as I leave the UCWbL and go on into the future!