TITLE OF PAPER: I didn’t put a title… oops

How much time (about) did you spend planning this paper?  (Include reading, note-taking, invention, brainstorming, outlining, etc.)  Explain what you did.           I spent about 2 hours planning this paper. I read over the speech twice, and during the second time I started making notes on the speech. I then came up with the format of my paper- 5 paragraph essay- and looked for the three parts for my three part thesis which proved why Bill Clinton’s speech was effective with the usage of ethos, pathos, and logos. 

How much time did you spend drafting?                           Revising?                       I probably drafted for about a total of 1 hour, and then revised for a total of 2 hours.

What do you believe are the strengths of this paper?  On what levels does it work well?

I think my paper flows and is easy to follow. I think I have strong evidence and examples from the speech to back up my points.

What do you think are the weaknesses in the paper?  What might you do differently or change in this paper if you had more time?

My conclusion isn’t as long as most conclusions are, but it still does say what I want and need it to say. If I had more time, I might add to the conclusion.

What do you want a reader to think or understand after having read this paper? (This should be something he or she didn’t already know.)

After reading this paper, hopefully the reader will see how logos, ethos, and pathos all connect, and how a good writer uses them all to be successful and effective in their writing.

What kind of feedback would you like me to give on your paper?  If you ultimately decide to revise this for your portfolio, how can I help?

Honest feedback! Whatever you think I need to work on, I would love to hear!

Process Log for Rhetorical Analysis

1. I really liked my group, and I thought we worked very well together! Each of us were able to read our papers our loud, and offer some suggestions for one another. Unfortunately, I do not think there was enough time to review and help each other to the best of our abilities.
  2. I definitely feel good about my paper because my classmates said that they thought it was strong and very understandable.
  3. I am going to lengthen the introduction and conclusion paragraphs and also revise a few sentences that sounded a little off to them.