***

Welcome readers, writers, and web-surfers alike to my ePortfolio! As a peer tutor at DePaul University for the University Center for Writing-based Learning, I have expanded my teaching and learning experiences throughout the 2016-2017 academic year. This virtual space is dedicated to the documentation of these experiences, so that you may get an idea of my range of involvement with the UCWbL through the various roles I have assumed within the department, including my experience as a Writing Fellow, as a Writing Group Facilitator, as a receptionist, and my time spent with writers during appointments. As you can see, I have chosen to make Joan Didion (my favorite author) the theme of my site; not only because she is a role model for me as a successful author, but also because Mrs. Didion believes that writing is an essential part of the human experience, whether we participate as the author or the reader of a written work.

The written word is a vital form of communication that takes time and effort to master, but it is a task worthy of commitment. As a student of language, my main motivation in working at the UCWbL is to guide and learn from fellow writers, so that we all may understand each other, and ourselves, a little bit better.

***