Short-Term Goals 

Well my journey has led me to where I am today, a student at DePaul SNL.  That was one of my goals after graduating from Chicago's community colleges.  My immediate short-term goals are to reflect on my past experiences and make more time to research my focus area. 

• Making time to volunteer in the field of my interest 
  • Balance my time with school, work and personal life
  • Develop a structured study habits
  • Take advantage of the resources at DePaul       

Long-Term Goals

The field of Social Work requires additional education so the next step after graduating SNL is to get accepted into a graduate program at a university I see fit.  I know it will take much dedication to accomplish this goal but according to my research it's necessary to get the proper education to be successful in the counseling field. 

• I would like advocate for woman and children who are facing domestic violence.
  • I would like to break the cycle of domestic violence by educating and empowering victims
  • Working closely with families in a school setting 
  • Helping women at a non-for-Profit organization
  • Create a scholarship fund for victims of D/V returning to college

Life-Long Goals 

Ever since I was little I've always wanted to see world.  Traveling to other regions of the world is something I day-dream about on a daily basis.  Having a craving for diversity in my life indulging myself with the people, culture, customs, FOOD, and music is my childhood dream.  

I believe we all have a purpose in this world and I believe I've finally found mine. I had an "A Ha" moment when I realized that I could merge my thirst for travel with my career a Social Worker.  Because of my personal experience with domestic violence in my life, my life-long goal is to empower woman in an international level to overcome and recover from similar situations. I also love helping people cope with life, stressors, and challenges it's a focus area that I have a deep interest in. 

• Travel to remote parts of the world where much help is needed
  • Create a blog where woman may vent about their life and connect them with resources