Health Care Reform NEWSLETTER

I created my multimodal presenation in the form of a newsletter advocating health care as a human right. I thought that this was appropriate to my topic because I was trying to inform my audience on human rights and health care as one subject and also influence them to take a personal stance on the issue. The design was good for highlighting my main points and including important quotes and excerpts from international documents that strengthened my arguement. I decided to project the newsletter on the screen while I was giving my oral presentation of my arguementative essay. The words on the screen were only meant to highlight what I was saying. I also included both of the pages of my newsletter on the screen while I was talking. This was so the class would be able to always have the whole picture to look at and follow along with me. Because I was not flipping through slides, the class would be able to focus on one part of my argument or an individual fact that they felt was interesting.

I selected a template in Microsoft Word for the design of my newsletter. This was helpful because it gave me an outline of what I wanted the final product to look like. However I thought that this technology was extremely difficult to navigate.