Welcome to My E-Portfolio

Hello! I appreciate your time exploring my e-portfolio!

It’s amazing how time flies as I am about to graduate in 2 months. I want to share my gains along the two-year-long journey as a PR and Advertising graduate student at DePaul.

Grateful, joyful, meaningful: these three words can best decribe my journey along the way. 

In January, 2014, I decided to take a step further into the professional world of public relations: I enrolled in the PRAD program of DePaul. It's never easy for a non-native English speaker like me to make such a decision. But the next thing I knew, I was already on a plane heading to Chicago-- a place 7,785 miles from home.

Cultural shock is a must have for international students. It took me almost six months to blend into the university environment here. But lucky for me, I've also made some friends here, and without them, I wouldn't be at where I am right now, I'm so grateful for their help.

The joyful part came after the hardship of cultural shock. Chicago has really worked its magic on me. The food, the view, the people, I found myself in love with the city. 

There is a Chinese proverb that says: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Indeed, instead of learning what rhetoric and format should I use in my writing, or what should I say at an elevator pitch, the most meaningful lesson I've learned from DePaul is how to think critically and carefully. 

As my journey at Depaul has come to an end, I'd like to invite you to take an adventure into this e-portfolio and I hope you will enjoy my work from the program because I sure did!