In class we had been reading and discussing New York Times for about eight weeks, and when the technology & literacy project was assigned, I proposed to make a dress out of the newspaper, thus fulfilling the multimodal aspect of the assignment. 

This is the link that has newspaper craft ideas.

This is the link for sewing a newspaper dress.

I consider the New York Times to be a publicication of lifestyle; the newspaper is widely influential and appeals to every type of generation, organization and person. Each section of the Times offers interesting facts, ideas, and information that thousands of people look at everyday for inspiration and help and apply it to thier lives. Many people also look at it as an influential peice of literary art. After reading through the fashion section one day, I myself was inspired to create an artwork out of the newspaper-a dress. Fashion to me is a form of art and to combine two different types of art in a personal way, is an art in itself. The ads in the fashion section and the article on winter fashion inspired me to make fashion of my own. I believe that is the goal of the New York Times, to inspire.