Hi, my name is Lauren. Welcome to my ePortfolio! Here, you'll find reflections on my work as a Peer Writing Tutor and as the Writing Fellows Coordinator at the UCWbL.

A little about me: In March, I completed my MA in Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse as well as my certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). I'm an avid reader and a growing writer. In the five years I've been tutoring, I've had the opportunity to learn so much from the writers I've worked with. My hope is to foster lifelong  learning in both the writers and tutors I work with at the UCWbL.

The quote above by C.S. Lewis really captures where I am in my understanding of life and of my academic journey. Every year brings things we don't expect, experiences that may set us back or take us down new paths. We constantly face a bend in the road, but it's my belief that whatever lies around that bend is even better than what I'm doing today. And so, as I use this ePortfolio to look back on where I've been this year, I hope to use those experiences as a springboard for future growth. 

Thanks for stopping by my ePortfolio. I hope you enjoy your time! And please, take a moment to let me know what you think!