SOCIAL CURATOR, CONTENT GENERATOR, NEW MEDIA EDUCATOR

My focus as an educator has always been on developing real-world skills in navigating digital media ecosystems as both creators and consumers. What that means will vary according to the specific outcomes desired for each course but will always include the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the various digital media ecosystems that exist or are emerging from both a sociological and technological point of view. It will also include participation in global, public, digital conversations about salient industry topics and the ability to add cogently to that conversation.

No aspect of our modern lives has gone untouched by digital advancements and having the ability to think critically about how those advancements are best designed and managed both as functional tools and as social objects is key. As future builders and consumers of media technology, it is imperative that students begin to develop ways to treat human attention (including their own) as the valuable natural resource it will always be, sustainably.

You can find out more about me via my online profile hub:

http://about.me/douglasleemiller

Below you'll see my Twitter feed. If you are interested in knowing more about how and why I integrate Twitter into the classroom, check out the "Twitter" page listed in the menu above.