This portfolio belongs to a believer, achiever, and environmentalist.

Someone who wants to be seen for their ideas, voice, and hopeless dreams.

An individual who is creative, strong, and willing to learn.

I have seen it all and been through it all.

All I want is a better future.

I am who I am

I am

A Human Being

My name is Cristina Vera. I am a freshman at DePaul University majoring in Business Administration and am currently enrolled in Writing and Rhetoric 104.This portfolio is a compilation of the essays I have written thus far on a brilliant man named Theodor Seuss Geisel or who you might know as Dr. Seuss.

When I knew that we had to pick a historical figure for WRD 104, I knew instantaneously who I wanted to research. I grew up reading Dr.Seuss's books and my sister actually put him in her valedictorian speech for high school. Initially, I thought that Dr. Seuss would have been a crazy person with brilliant ideas, but he wasn't. He had what I like to call a "normal life". My appreciation for Dr. Seuss only grew more and more during my writing process. But I didn't know how many revisions I would have to go through before my papers were fully developed and accepted by the teacher. Through each stage of revision including the first draft, peer reviews, and final draft, I saw my papers grow and develop into excellent essays. But even before all of that I had to write a proposal.

I found the "Subject Selection and Defense" proposal we had to do for class that was designed to help us decide who we were going to pick as a historical figure and why. I wrote a line in my paper that really made me smile and laugh. I wrote,"Dr. Seuss 's books remind me of the magic and whimsy from my youth..." After researching Dr. Seuss I found that many of those very books that I loved, such as The Lorax or How the Grinch Stole Christmas, had hidden meanings behind them that I would have never otherwise known if I had not researched Dr. Seuss. It's interesting to look back and reflect on how one's emotions have changed spanning a certain period of time. In the beginning, I thought that researching Dr. Seuss was going to be easy, but it proved to be a difficult. There are not many books or references regarding information on Dr.Seuss's life nor are there a lot of quotes by him. So research took quite a bit of time, but once I compiled all of my information together, I was able to create 3 well developed essays that you can find here on my E-Portfolio. Now, I feel as though I can recite Dr. Seuss's life after all the revisions, corrections, and added research that I had to do. It took a lot of work, but that's what college is all about-hard work and determination. I can only hope that my essays give a good recount of Dr. Seuss's life and that it is apparent through the minds of readers. I hope that you enjoy my essays on Dr. Seuss just as much as I have writing them.

"Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you"- Dr. Seuss