In this section, I will address the goals from my Learner, Leader, Student Reflection Essay and elaborate on what I want to achieve from the LSP 320 course.

As a Learner, I would like to learn how to not let my stubbornness get the best of me. If I am working on a project, studying for a test, or trying to finish a set of difficult homework problems, I find myself becoming angry when I cannot finish the task at hand. I let my negativity towards what I'm working on get the best of me and put a wall up between me and the completion of my assignment. I find that I am very hard on myself when I don't succeed right away, and I would like to change that. I understand that as a mentor, I will not see all of my mentees achieve at the same rate. I want to become more comfortable with understanding that success does not come easy. Learning how to overcome my stubbornness is something that I want to work on as I train to be a Chicago Quater Mentor.

As a Leader, I want to work on my comfortability with confrontation to problems. In previos leadership positions, I found that I would be the type of person that would never want to rock the boat, and I would sometimes allow others to offer their opinions on how to address the problem. Although it is good to have outside opinions in a discussion, I want to have the confidence to deal with problems face on and know how to solve them in an appropriate and efficient manner. I do not want to shy away from confrontation. I hope this course helps me become more brave when dealing with potential problems so I can further my class' progress and create a more stable class environment.

As a Student, I would like to learn how to accept failure easier. Failure is something that taunts my mindset and can easily throw me off. My drive to succeed is strong, but I have problems accepting that there will be a few hiccups along the way. Any person would love to go through life without obstacles, but unfortunately they are a necessary evil. Failures make champions, and it's hard to succeed on the first try, which is a concept that I need to grasp. Understanding that failure is a part of the learning process is what I hope to learn from this LSP 320 course.