I remember that day well because it was the lightest day of the year.  After months and months of cold weather I had grown so accustomed to bundling up and braving the wind but finally summer came around and I grew happier and more carefree, though the warmth of the sun is more valuable in the dead of winter.  Having just gotten out of college I was young and unsure of the future.  You could also even say I was naïve about the future.  Sure I had my bachelor’s in biology and I was ready to find a job, but what I didn’t realize was that so did many other people.  The task of finding a job seemed as impossible as paying back my student loans.   This didn’t matter though because I knew I was special.  I knew I could do something with my life that would matter, something that could help others and something that would make me feel good about my “eager-to-help” self.  I knew there’re would soon be that something that could make me prove to everyone that ever doubted me in my entire life that I, Sarah Smith, am important.  I knew I was destined to do something great with my life, and nothing could stop me. 

I had recently gotten into the habit of going into Starbuck’s, looking over the newspaper for jobs, and leaving.  Nothing appealed to me too much though; maybe because I was restless and unhappy that I had no idea what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.  I was no dancer, doctor, no singer, no writer.  I had no passion and no motivation now that school was over.  I was a great student, but after that, after school, what is there? 

As soon as I set my foot out the door of Starbuck’s, a great premonition took me over from head to toe.  People around me stared with wide eyes and odd glances as I dropped my bag to the sidewalk and felt a chill run through my body.  It passed as fast as it came and I regained control, managing to blend myself into the crowd.  This is a skill that is good to have as is good penmanship or keeping your hair combed, but as I was about to find out sometimes you can manage to have bad penmanship while writing or look a little messy on bad hair days, because somethings are  more important than looking good.  Sometimes feeling good about yourself is just more important.  And to me, the ultimate thing that would make me feel good about myself was to find my destiny in the working world.

I was about to take my usual turn when that premonition took over me once again, so I took the long way home, which was along the lake.  I sometimes stopped here to look at the waves overlapping like pancakes on Sunday morning.  I turned to head home when I saw it; an old worn leather wallet that was laying in the sun.  When I picked it up it was heavy and full of credit cards, pictures and…MONEY!  After the shock of finding myself win a miniature lottery, I took out the bills, and as soon as I found the fifty dollar bill, it jumped from my hands and fluttered through the wind.  It came alive and I felt that for some reason I shouldn’t just let it leave my side.  What was so odd about it and its journey was that it never gave up; it kept me chasing it until I took my flip-flops off so I could hunt it down.  Finally, when I grasped it and let out a loud “HA!” I heard faint cries coming from a nearby park. 

I rushed to the source of the cries, which happened to be the playground.  There was a small dog who was moaning and whimpering in response to an injured young girl.  She lay next to the swings, which were across from the monkey bars.  From what I could tell she had injured herself while swinging