Free write 10/22/17- The movie-

Movie theaters remind me of birdhouses- because they are fun to look into but not fun to be in- in the sense that I am in no means a bird, or a cage.  But I am a movie lover- and I love to sit in places that are too cool in the summer time and a means of escape from cold, ice, and snow in the winter.  But then I get that bipolar drop when I realize the movie is over and I have to deal with facing winter weather-outside- EVERY DAY for a span of more than six months- sometimes overlapping that time frame.  Anyways- back to the movie- I saw a Ryan Gosling movie and after the first few moments passed, after an explanation of what happened in words sprawled across the screen, I knew that I was in for the most confusing three hours that I have ever experienced- now, in this life, and of any form of life that has ever pertained to me in any way, at any moment- even before the big bang occurred, before life even began.  This partially is because I had other confusing stuff on my mind, partially because I then figured out that the movie was set in the future- and movies set in the future are confusing, because if you don’t recognize much of the setting, what are you supposed to compare it to? 

I sat down maybe twenty minutes before it started- the previews/actual movie, and I sat down with a medium popcorn with too much salt and no added butter (no added butter, but it wasn’t flavorless, thank God- because otherwise it would have been a waste of money).  I contemplated how many calories was in a medium bag of popcorn- it wasn’t important at the moment because I usually eat too much on Saturdays.  And then people started to trickle in the theater conversation and filled the air.  Some adults and young adults where there, and some kids sat behind me, one of whom throughout the movie would occasionally cough- and I had no impression of her until towards the end if the movie I heard her say something like “She’s sick- why are you doing that to me” and then I couldn’t decide if, as a person, overall, to whoever she was talking to (if she was just having a schizo moment- or not) I thought she was crazy- or just being rude- to someone actually there or just in her mind (that would count as being a schizo moment, too, huh?)

So, I ate about 97% percent of my medium bag of popcorn before permanently putting it down (I did, maybe 4 times, before, in the process of settling in), and I wanted to forget about it, until I had a need to finish it.  So, I did.  There were three people sitting in front of me- I think I remember it being two men and a woman- the guy right in front of me was bald- almost completely.

Throughout the movie my attention span, wavered, came back, and left- very often.  Some parts amazed me- to the point where I couldn’t hold it in- at one point there was a dog that I would love to have as a pet- it looked like a German Shepard- and it was laying down, and it looked like a lion, at the moment, at the same time, and I couldn’t contain this amazement in me- so I muttered under my breath (it was one of those times where I get nervous and mutter something without opening my mouth but a sound still comes out)- “It’s a lion,” and then a little while later in the movie, there was a lion- a wooden toy lion- depicted- and it was obviously a visible lion, and, looking back, I thought to myself “Wow, what a coin-ki-dink,”  and that was the high point of the movie- among other things- like the final scene where Ryan Gosling laid in the snow for an overly-long prolonged period of time, and it went from me thinking- “Wow, what an interesting ending,” to, “Ok, that’s enough,” to me wondering what the director/screenwriter was thinking pertaining to the point of this- and when I got to this third cognitive stage, looking back, I almost find it funny.  And now I want to laugh to myself- but it just seems so stupid, so I won’t even put forth the effort.

So that was my Saturday night- alone (but at the same time with people) at the movies.  I think it couldn’t have been better (Or could it… have...been….).