What I Think of the Movie Constantine

This is the movie I have watched a million times and can’t get enough of- Keanu Reeve’s voice changes from time to time like he is experiencing puberty and Chaz Kramer’s walking cap is almost too dorky but it reminds me of my grandpa and I remember that was the time- 2005- when I had a crush on Shia LeBuff (spelling?) and there are parts that amaze me like when they are trying to get into the haven for those who Rise and Those who fall- when John Constantine knows what is on the card without looking and Chaz Kramer just copies him- this part seems lazy on the part of the screenwriter because obviously Chaz Kramer would need to predict a different drawing on the card and not the same as Constantine’s, and the first scene had me hooked because the concept that a demon could be trapped in a mirror amazes me.  I had never heard of The Spear of Destiny before, but I guess the soldier did it because he was told, just like how the soldier(s) who arrested Anne Frank arrested the people in the attic because they were told- because they were brainwashed, above all by Hitler, and the demon that possesses the guy that finds the spear is kind of like the Hitler thing.

It amazes me that Constantine thinks that there is a waging bet between God and the devil- this seems impossible to those who are moral, unimaginable, but if you think outside of the box it is possible- it seems more realistic than the sugary sweet God story that is fed to people at a young age- sometimes I get mad at the guardian angel that I pray to when she doesn’t help me out with stuff- I  met my guardian angel in a dream- there were actually two of them but I see the tall skinny blonde girl way more than the short younger fat(ter) one- I remember the thing that I felt and I go to bed every night praying that I feel it again- I think they were showing everything that could be lost if heaven fell, because I felt the heaven thing in the dream, but at the same time I felt the risk of it being lost thing, kind of- like at that moment I was embarking on a journey that would only happen if they were by my side- I remember there was an older man sitting between them, he was kind of the devil in the room but it seemed like they were working together about something so that there was just more evil than God and the devil in the world- something manifested itself over time so that there is a new type of evil.

The thing that amazes me is the part when Constantine is alone in a room with a bunch of people that belong in hell.  I think that someone, maybe the Citadel was meant to guide people through that part of hell, the part where anything goes until people are sent to where they belong, depending on, I think, if they are genuinely good people or not.  The people in the room all had red eyes when they were told to go away.  Then they get holy water sprayed on them and their true skin emerges.  I could feel the thing where it is the thing where someone like me would be sprung because you are with God almost the most because you are amongst the most evil. 

The part that confuses me is the gap between what happens to Angela when she goes to hell and sees the demon and when Constantine finds her and she is possessed.  How did the devil’s son get in her belly?  Another part I wonder about is the part when the demon thing attacks Constantine in the street- “Mind your own business, exorcist!” – if something like that happened in reality Constantine would be dirty from all of those creatures attacking him, like crabs and stuff, but I guess that is just something that goes with the magic of being an angel from hell.  I also don’t believe the part where Constantine shakes Angela and asks what she did- ‘What did you do Angela?” about her dead sister- bad acting- maybe it was just to awkward to get it right. 

So, Constantine is one of my favorite movies- it’s on Netflix, you should check it out sometime- if that’s okay with whatever exists in the holy balance (ha-ha).