Frequently-Asked Questions &

Information about the Summit and Round Robins

Do I have to attend the whole day?  No. The event is designed with various activities spread throughout the day to allow attendees to arrive and depart as needed.   We realize that many DePaul programs hold Friday events.  Some attendees in past years have slipped out for an early afternoon meeting and returned to the Summit while barely missing a beat.

Is the event for staff or administrators only? Absolutely not! While we encourage university staff members and administrators to attend, the focus of the event is on the peer tutors, advisors, and mentors at DePaul. We invite any office involved in tutoring, advising, or mentoring to encourage their student staff to attend, whether the professional staff is attending or not.

Does it cost anything for my tutors, mentors, or staff to attend? No. The event is free to all attendees thanks to funding provided by the Summit Partners, the Office of Student Affairs, and the Office of Academic Affairs.

Will I have a chance to share information about my program? YES! After all, that's what the Peer Tutor and Mentor Summit is for. The day is filled with opportunities for networking and info sharing. Some years have included Office Bingo and an "a la carte" info table, Round Robin presentations, and you can network with other offices and programs during breakfast or lunch.  

What is a "Round Robin"? A Round Robin is an interactive 20 minute "mini-presentation" similar to a conference roundtable session. You choose a topic related to the theme and to your work or constituency and discuss that topic with participants.  

Many Round Robins will invite attendees to complete reflection or brainstorming activities to connect the topic with their own work and to help participants bring that practice or idea back to their respective offices.  

Does my office have to prepare a Round Robin in order to attend? No. While every office is encouraged to submit a proposal for a Round Robin session, this is not required in order to participate in the event. The day is set up to allow every office to share their experiences and ideas whether they host one of these sessions or not.