This page of my digication portfolio is dedicated to some reflective work that I created during my three-year employment as a tutor at the University Center for Writing-based Learning. Although this reflective work is mandatory, it has nonetheless contributed significantly to my literary development. It has added a new dimension to my university experience by acting as an introspective outlet to interpret my ongoing experiences as an educator. It is a sort-of 'meta' literary genre that requires me to contemplate the connections between practice and pedagogy, while keeping in mind the basic aphorism that "teaching is the best way for someone to both learn and reinforce previously learned knowleage." These reflections help me position my personal work as a writing center tutor within the context of a greater process of collective intellectual development. Most importantly, they remind me that it is valuable to periodically recapture a more objective and inclusive perspective of academic and nonacademic writing, two disciplines that can very easily become insular and solitary endeavors that are subject to the limitations of one's personal experience.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy reading these reflections.